Thursday, March 13, 2008

Don't Tell!

So I wouldn't say that this blog is a secret but Husband doesn't know I have it. I'm really good at keeping secrets, honest! But I am about to burst if i don't write this down or tell someone. OK, I have always loved New Orleans and wanted to take Husband there for years. So when he gets back from his deployment I'm taking him there on a secret roadtrip! We only live a few hours away, so I'm going to tell him that we're going to be steaming the carpets ( something I've been swearing to do forever) and thats why he has to take the dog to my moms house. While he's gone I'm going to pack. When he gets home, I'm going to go on and on about him smelling that he needs to get his dirty ass in the shower. While he is in the shower I'm going to load up the car and the gps. As soon as he gets done and is dressed I'm gonna hustle him into the car and set forth to New Orleans. Ya'll even when we get there he won't say a word! I'm not saying he isn't smart but...A few years ago after he came back from another deployment I suprised him with a trip ro Las Vegas for a week. I told him we were going to Gatlinburg with my dad and stepmom but that we were going to fly to atlanta and meet them there and then drive to Gatlinburg. ( Some backstory: We hate to drive together, if we drove cross country only 1 of us would make it back.) I told him we were flying so it wouldn't be so much of a long drive for us and a little bit of luxury for once. So we get to atlanta then board another plane to Vegas. Not a word from him. The plane gets in the air, the pilot is talking about flight times and hopes everyone enjoys Vegas. About half an hour into the flight Husband leans over and says "Did you know this flight is to Vegas?!" So I pull out a folder and show him the hotel and all the tickets I bought to shows we wanted to see AND THE MAN STILL DIDN'T GET IT! This is what happens when you marry a man for his good looks. He'll enjoy the trip though, its something we've wanted to do for years. Glad I got that off my chest!

No comments: