Sunday, November 13, 2011

Stupid long weekend. The RE's office was closed on friday when I should have gotten my second beta so I have to wait until monday. I. AM. DYING. All I can obsess about is every bad outcome possible. Convinced my beta isn't rising appropriately. We told our parents and warned them to keep their mouths shut..and they told EVERYONE. So now if we have a bad outcome its just more people to tell. I am actually doing well with optimism which not my default setting. I bought a pregnancy book for my husband and even joined baby.center! Which just confirmed that I am deeply scarred by this whole and pretty much cannot interact with regular fertiles. Dear lord especially other military wives- the ones whose only occupation is pumping out baby after baby. I've always referred to my military i.d. as a breeder's club card. I hope there isn't a complicated handshake to learn.

Also I'm pretty sure my boobs weren't this big last week. I'm a DD anyhow, I had sorta hoped any breast expansion would be minimal and spread out over the 9 months. Even my MIL noticed I was sporting some deeper cleavage. I am now waking up twice a night to pee which again I expected the peeing to start a little later. Still no morning sickness but some episodes of queasiness in the evening.

My dogs have been more clingy than usual..I was laying in bed with our bigger dog and the littler one jumped on the bed, the big dog jumped on her and bit her leg open. The little dog needed 10 stitches and a cone of shame. I just don't know what to do about it. It was So out of character for the big dog who is submissive to the little one (who is older and maybe littler by a 2 inches and 5 pounds) but the vet had to report it to the county because of the severity of the bite and they might label her dangerous and remove her from the home. That means she'll be put to sleep. I am so upset about it.. she is a great dog and I think she was startled and just being protective of me. We signed a contract with the adoption place we got her from saying we would have to return her there is we were giving her up but they are a kill shelter and will surely put her down. We have a trainer coming this week, a former coworker of mine, to see if any behavior modification will help. So much for a stress free week!

3 comments:

Chickenpig said...

Oh no! You're poor puppies! I hope that you won't have to put your dog down. Ug :(

I have to wait until Tuesday for my follow up beta. I don't know why the clinic is doing that, I really don't want to wait another 2 days until I can see how the numbers went. The good thing is that I'm feeling consistently more pregnant. I hope that there is good news for both of us!

Unknown said...

The extra big boobs and the bathroom breaks are a good sign that everything is just fine. I'm waking up at 3:30am pretty consistently to pee as well.

Is this vet familiar with your dogs? If they reported it out of legal necessity, but were able to comment that this is abnormal, I don't think much will come of it. People might fill out various paperwork for legal reasons, but I don't think they'll take the dog from you. If the dog is forced to go back to the shelter, send a friend to immediately re-adopt the dog.

And yes, animal behavior changes when there are new pheromones in the air. My cat suddenly became obsessed with me as soon as I was pregnant. Never snuggled with me before, now he climbs on me every single night for snuggles.

DandelionBreeze said...

The wait must be awful... not knowing is so hard but those symptoms sound very promising :)) FXd for you :) Sorry to hear about your pups... hope things improve xoxo