Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I am officially growing a person!

We had out first ultrasound yesterday, The Dark Passenger is clocking in right on target at 6w4d. We could see the heart beating right away which was of course a beautiful sight to see. I knew I was a bit nervous about maybe not seeing something good but I guess I didn't realize how heavy that weight was until it was gone. We are now released to a regular OB just like regular people!

Not much is going on, I've pretty much been hibernating in preparation for yesterday- google is not really a pregnant girls friend. Still knocking on wood, no morning sickness. I'm a zombie by 6pm and my boobs are like fluffy painful rocks. No weight gained yet but when I changed after work today my jeans were fitting a little closer to the waist. I'm not complaining- I've earned my bump!

I did read a great book Do Chocolate Lovers Have Sweeter Babies? By Jena Pincott, its about all the changes that take place during pregnancy and the scientific and evolutionary causes behind them. The author was pregnant with her first baby while writing it so she was able to relate to the research and it really shows. It's sciencey but was a really neat read.

4 comments:

Chickenpig said...

Congrats!!!! That book sounds like a really interesting read. I think I'll check it out. :)

MaryMargaret said...

Congratulations on your precious little heartbeat! You definitely earned every bit of your bump. :)

DandelionBreeze said...

Wonderful... congratulations :)) That book sounds great... will have to read it xoxo

Kechara said...

You have a blog award! http://kecharakitten.blogspot.com/2011/12/you-tolerate-me-you-really-tolerate-me.html