Saturday, October 29, 2011

Stupid router making me be without internet! Seriously, who knew those things need batteries? We have telephone and internet through our local cable company and it uses a special modem that requires a special battery (like its 1990) that they don't have just laying around. I don't think they understand my need to read i can has cheeseburger at anytime the need strikes. Also pretty sure they are lying about the whole not having the battery on hand.

So...the baby shower was ok- turns out those people own thier own LIMO. Who the hell just OWNS a limo?? It wasn't too bad, I just drank steadily through the whole thing. It was nice to see my mom's old friend but every five minutes was more about holy shit you have a limo and this wine I'm drinking by the bottle is older than I am! Because I'm a classy bitch.

IUI number 2 officially done! I had it on Thursday, 2 follicles at 25 and 1 at 22. We had gone with our first choice donor. Last donor was 7.1 million..this guy was 42.7 million with 63% motility (I forgot to ever ask what the motility was on the 1st donor). So I'm feeling pretty good about that! They told us when we got into the room what the stats were and then left for me to get undressed and Husband was nattering on about something and I had to tell him, I like you and all but seriously I cannot concentrate with that much sperm in the room. Thankfully he thinks I'm funny. About an hour after we got home things were much less fun. I usually get a bit of ovulation pinching especially on my right, exactly the side whose turn it was this month. It felt like running of the bulls ovulation..like they were all trying to leave the ovary at once and got stuck in the doorway. Which these are my eggs, I wouldn't put that kind of klutzyness past them. And now we wait! We've decided that if this is the magic cycle for us we're going to say it didn't work and then tell our parents on christmas since it's so close. And if it doesn't we're going to take the next 2 months off and pick up in January after the holidays.

(Stupid 2WW.)

3 comments:

Chickenpig said...

It sounds good! Fingers crossed that you have some good news to share come Christmas! :)

DandelionBreeze said...

Thinking of you for your 2WW :) FXd for you too... hoping this is your cycle and that you have wonderful news to share at Christmas xoxo

MaryMargaret said...

At least there was alcohol at the shower... I hope your 2WW is quick, painless and ends with a BFP! The donor sounds pretty promising!