Friday, July 1, 2011

Srsly?

Oh my sweet baby Jesus in a bouncy house. We are launching!
We had our appt with the RE who we was in 2008 today. We had a less than shiny opinion of him from the last visit as he kept trying to push us towards IVF and seemed sort of disdainful of our choice to use DI. We went in totally expecting to defend every choice, armed with an argument for every angle. We get in sit down and he was like bam- start with the ovulation sticks on monday and we'll go from there..he laid out the whole cyle in dates and steps basically ending with a pregnancy test on or about August 10. I thought we would have wait and jump through hoops maybe even juggle some puppies but since I just had AF last week we're ready to roll! He gave me Let.rozole which was mildly unexpected- I guess I just assumed it would be Clo.mid, no real reason other than brand recognition. I go next week for blood work and an orientation of sorts..I also forgot to ask any questions.
I'm a bit in shock still..I just expected to have to wait another month or so. I'm trying not to be so excited but I really am. When I was going to the clinic on the AFB I just knew it wasn't going to work, I didn't know why or how but I just had this deep down feeling that it wasn't going to work. And sure as hell, big cyst cancelled the 1st cycle and Christmas the 2nd ( because military bases don't work pretty much the week before or after Christmas..pretty much only the ER is open and you pretty much need to be dead to be seen.) But this whole week I've just felt peace. This weird blissed out feeling with a chaser of feeling pretty OK. Kinda odd considering I'm off my meds for this whole thing and I've been one miserable, tense bitchface.
Now I know the odds and the statistics and yes people DO actually get pregnant on the 1st try and have actual babies!! Really I'm more pumped about being believed in and given a chance to get off the bench and into the game than anything else. I almost can't even think about actually being pregnant. The idea is so foreign and exotic! We are both on such a high today, this level of optimism has not been seen at our house in a really long time. My husband was in such a good mood he didn't even blink when I bought a $24 tube of conditioner at the mall after our appt. Also the best part? The RE's office is next to a mall containing my favorite place in the word...Maca.roni Gri.ll! So every time we go to the Dr, I get to faceplant in a plate of bruschetta. Its a win-win I feel.
Also, the Letr.ozole only cost me $3. Thanks tri.care!

No comments: