Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I am not here because I am reading Then Came You by Jen.ifer We.iner. I love all her books, Good In Bed is one of my all time favorites. Then Came You involves donors, surrogates and nontraditional families. I'm devouring it only taking breaks to cry and pee (I'm a tea drinker on a gallon scale).
I still think everyday the clinic will call and apologize for the hold up. BUT that nasty skank at work? Totally quitting! Turns out her baby daddy dropped her already and she can't handle our shifts (we're a 24 hour operation on a military base and required to be available for all shifts), she's been back from maternity leave for a week and already called out twice for lack of childcare. Um, hello even I know you kinda had like 8 months to get that figured out. I am an angry miserable bitch this week. Luckily I am surrounded by friends and coworkers who know whats going on and are willing to ignore me or apply coffee as needed. We are having a going away party for my work bestie tomorrow since her family is pscing to the great midwest so I'm hoping thats what is causing my overall weepiness and malaise.
Side note: Also it seems I'm not smart and can't figure out how to post a comment without it being anonymous. I'm a real person dammit! I want to comment but don't want to come off as stalkerish and weird- much like my real life I fear.

2 comments:

Jo said...

Thank you for the book recommends! I am in desperate need for some distraction this week.

You are allowed to be as angry/miserable as you want. I am glad you have understanding coworkers to take care of you.

Sending lots of hugs your way,
Jo

Chickenpig said...

I love JW's writing. I'm going to check that one out. :)

It sounds like your co worker never intended to come back for real. It's amazing how some ppl think that things like good childcare is just going to drop in from the sky.

You are certainly allowed the anger and the grief. The waiting is the hardest part to get through. I hope that your clinic gets its act together real soon.