Friday, September 16, 2011

Once in a blue moon

Not every day as an Infertile sucks ass. It's rare but every so now and then there comes a day- a day when its all about me. A day that probably wouldn't happen if I was a parent. I've been off all week, we had a trip planned to Dis.ney World but the IUI got scheduled for this week originally so we cancelled it and I kept my leave. If we had rugrats I don't think I would have taken the leave just because I could- I would need it for dr appointments and school things. Not to mention all trips would have to take place around school holidays..not just whenever we feel like it. So a whole week off..and I have done not a damn thing. I literally laid on the couch for 6 hours yesterday watching tv and surfing the net. I barely rubbed 2 brain cells together. And today was my masterpiece! I woke up about 10, read the paper, petted the pooch then left for my mani/pedi. Its only about 73 today which is a miracle for this time of year in Florida so I went to Star.bucks and got my bucket-o-coffee (trenta iced coffee with 5 pumps of toffee nut & nonfat milk) and read outside for about an hour :


I love my Kin.dle it goes everywhere with me

After that I decided to grab some lunch so I got some sushi to go from our favorite place and headed to the beach..all outdoor activities are highly shaded, I'm a redhead and sizzle after about 20 minutes in direct sunlight. I ate, I read and reveled in the fact that while I would prefer to be a mother above all things, that for once today it didn't suck to be me.


I only live about 5 minutes from the Gulf of Mexico, I can actually see it from my kitchen.

4 comments:

MaryMargaret said...

I love days like this. I'll sleep for 12 hours straight, and think... I could NEVER do this with kids! There are benefits sometimes, and then it sucks again.

I love your blogger name- I was sure you comment was spam until I visited your blog. Very cute!

MilesOWilley said...

Thanks, part of it is actually my last name- my husband and I like to think if the worst names ever you could give a child (hours of fun on car trips) and Miles O. Willey has always been my master creation.

Marie said...

Such a gorgeous view! I've been considering getting a Kindle for a few months now but, I just can't seem to let go of my hardcovers lol

MilesOWilley said...

I love my Kindle *SO* much! I still buy regular books too but its awesome. I never go anywhere without it and I don't buy purses it doesn't fit into! At first I felt really bad spending the money on it but it really beats constantly lugging around a sack of books!