Thursday, September 15, 2011

BFN

But I'm not surprised. I just had a feeling it didn't take, the rush job on the IUI didn't boost my confidence but about a week after I pretty much knew. I commenced to pee on anything remotely considered to be a pregnancy test anyhow. My Lady showed up yesterday confirming what the tests had been telling me. I called my mom to tell her the news and hilarity ensued:

Me: That red headed bitch showed up at my house today!
Mom: Your Aunt Steffanie is in town?

Ah the joy of being in a ginger with all female ginger relatives!

I'm not that upset- I sorta knew it wasn't gonna work but I'm hopeful and still have a pretty positive outlook on this whole thing. On the other side 1 down only 5 paid IUIs left. Yikes. Starting BCPs today and I made sure to get strict instructions and repeated them back to the nurse. Looks like the week of 24 Oct 11 for go time.

And now I'd like to have a word with all the pregnancy tests in the audience. I don't come to your house and act like an asshole do I? If you asked me a simple yes or no question I would at least pretend to think about for a minute before responding. Maybe a furrowed brow to show I'm really putting some mental weight into it, or ask if I could call a lifeline. I might even consult wikipedia or a quick google search. I wouldn't be a like "Hell No!" right after the question left your mouth making you feel like a complete dumbass for even asking. I'm just saying you might want to mind your manners a little bit more in the future. Maybe even say yes in the future, perhaps? We'll work on it.

4 comments:

Kechara said...

I showed this to my husband too because I loved the humor in your writing!

Chickenpig said...

I'm so sorry this wasn't it :(

I laughed hysterically at "Your aunt Stephanie is in town?" I'm calling my period Aunt Stephanie from now on ;)

Best of luck in October. I'll be reading.

MilesOWilley said...

Thanks guys..

Chickenpig- to be fair my Aunt Steff is a bit off (to be nice) so it was a valid question! May your Aunt Steffanie always be gentle and never ask for money!

Sometimes said...

i'm sorry you got a negative. but thank you for making your post about it so f'in funny! we need a little laughter in our infertility journeys.