Friday, September 2, 2011

Done deal

Well that was anticlimactic.

First IUI over and done with though! We were at the office maybe 35 minutes altogether and that includes the 10 minutes laying down after the IUI. Husband got to push the plunger, I thought it was nice of them to allow that. The only minor hiccup was with the sperm. The cryo bank guarantees 10 million at least and our vial was only 7.2. The office had already called and talked to them, they will issue us a credit or a if it didn't work a free vial next time. We actually had 2 donors that we felt were really great matches for us so if we don't get a positive I think we'll just move to the other donor, no biggie really. I had some cramping- it was like the HSG all over again. I have a narrow cervix so they had to use the clamps to get the catheter in. It was pretty neat they used the ultrasound on my belly and let us see the catheter in my uterus and like a grey mist when Husband pushed the plunger. I was joking with the Dr that I had thought about doing it the way normal people get pregnant, by drinking a bottle of wine the night before. Seriously it did occur to me I was just too lazy to go buy any. I wanted to go to Maca.roni Grill but at that point the need to lay down on my soft bed out weighed my need for pasta and bread. It was a tough call. I did ask the nurse if I had to come back for a test or do I just do one (or 20) at home..they said it was up to me. I told her truthfully I was going to start peeing on things as soon as the internet said I could.


So now, we wait!

2 comments:

Chickenpig said...

Fingers crossed!!!

That's cool that they let your husband push the plunger. I think my husband would have some interesting comments in that situation. Good thing we never did any IUIs :)

Let the peeing commence!

Shelby Wright said...

Saying a prayer! I'm new to your blog but glad I stumbled upon it! We had out 2nd IUI today so I am also beginning my 2ww!!