Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The price of happiness..

The ONLY reason we are even doing the IUIs at this point in time is because though my job on base I have insurance that supposedly covered 6 IUIs. The past few weeks I have been thinking about quitting my job or finding a different job in the same organization..sort of all depending on how much exactly the insurance was going to cover for the IUI. The company has been really vague about what and how much they cover for anything so I was pretty prepared to hear some high numbers when I called the RE to get at least a guesstimate about what I'll owe on IUI day. I'll owe a whole $24.02. Yeah, not gonna be cleaning out my desk just yet. Truthfully my job isn't that bad. We have new management and just undergoing a lot of changes and growing pains all at once. It might get better soon or I'll get pregnant, go on bed rest and quit after my maternity leave is up.

The trigger shot kit arrived and oh my holy god those needles are big. There has been no word if they do the actual sticking or if I have to trust my husband to do it. Whom I normally don't even trust to order my drink at Star.bucks (Venti iced coffee with 4 pumps of toffee nut & nonfat- it never changes guy!) I loves him but having him come at me with pointy objects is quite another thing. I actually give myself B-12 injections once a month but those are little tiny needles..these are gigantor needles.






3 comments:

Kechara said...

Yeah, I just saw the videos from my pharmacy (meds arrive tomorrow) and I'm scared at the lengths of the trigger needles too!

Chickenpig said...

The needle looks big, but it is narrow and sharp, and the liquid thin. The tough ones are the progesterone in oil. Hubby is going to have to give it to you, but don't worry. It is easy, quick, and mostly painless :)

I've got everything crossed for you. XXX (fingers, toes, and eyes)

Shelby Wright said...

I was scared to death for a few days leading up, then once it was over I thought, "oh, not so bad!" I did my 2nd shot 2 days ago and it was so much easier! My hubby was more calm than I and he had to stick me!