Tuesday, April 24, 2012

28 Weeks

I can't freaking believe I'm in my third trimester. I realize I have spent the majority of my pregnancy either in a state of disbelief or in outright denial at times. I'm convinced that I'm not showing, I simply just look fat. I've only gained 10 pounds so far I think the theory deserves some consideration. Every day I get more excited and slightly less worried that something will go wrong. We have a great NICU locally so even if I do have her early I know she will get the best care possible. Her room is ready, minus a few wall decorations- I'm not good at decorating at all and I think it came out quite cute. I start my childbirth classes next week and signed up for cloth diapering class on Saturday. The next hurdle is my baby shower. I went to my cousin's last week for her Baby B, turns out I'm still not a fan of baby showers. I actually felt a little awkward being there visibly pregnant and her baby being in the NICU. And he is doing awesome, he is on track to come home in 3-4 weeks! The little guy is super determined to get the hell out of dodge and is hitting all his goals way ahead of schedule.
I have maybe decided to keep working after the baby is born. If they give me the promotion that they have been saying is in the works, it will allow me to work 3 1/2 days a week with weekends off. I do actually like the work I do so I think that would be a good compromise. As an added bonus I found a daycare that will work with me on the cloth diapers! But if for some reason they can't get my new position on paper they can kiss my lactating ass. I'm fully prepared for both scenarios. In other real life news I have reached the point where I am so over this deployment! I'm tired of doing everything myself, I'm tired of being lonely and feeling guilty that he is missing all the joys of pregnancy. Yes, the birth and afterward is much more important it just sucks so bad for him to be gone through all this. Only about 5 more weeks to go and he'll be home. Lord knows I'm tired of getting my own drinks.

No comments: